online personal mentoring
"Richard tailored his guidance for me specifically, demonstrating his techniques openly, generously and patiently. He provided encouraging criticism of my work followed by the coaching I needed to improve. We shared a few laughs along the way and the journey has been made both richer and shorter thanks to Richard’s invaluable mentorship."
— Mark H., Ottawa Canada
FOR PHOTOGRAPHERS AT ALL LEVELS – individualized curriculum & pace
Are you a seasoned professional needing to refresh your vision or expand your skills? An aspiring photographer longing to tap into the deep well of creativity? Would you like to make photographs with more authentic emotional resonance—images that feel more like “you”? Regardless of where you are on your journey, I can guide you in taking your photography to a deeper, richer level.
My one-on-one mentoring is available to you no matter where around the world you are physically located. In the format of individual, interactive, recordable video-conferences with real-time screen sharing, these can be customized to suit your individual needs and schedule. Within the context of your own projects and development, potential topics may include:
- finding your creative voice and deepening your vision
- expressive lighting: natural or in the studio
- storytelling through conceptual images
- all phases of post-production
- working with dioramas and miniatures
- navigating the world of competitions, portfolio reviews, and galleries
My mentoring philosophy is directly informed by my own artistic practice and many years of teaching and advising in a variety of instructional settings.
Each mentoring subscription is preceded by a complimentary (no fee), no-obligation phone consultation.
HOW IT WORKS
Your individualized mentoring subscription includes:
- proposed curriculum based on the initial, complimentary phone consultation
- first of two 1-hour recordable video sessions with real-time screen sharing
- email follow-up to video session with links and/or resources, new assignment
- email feedback to completed assignment
- second of two 1-hour recordable video sessions with real-time screen sharing
- final email follow-up with suggested links and resources
The subscription is renewable, and the timeline is flexible—the video sessions can be spread out over 1, 2, or even 3 months.
Email me at email@example.com for rates, and to set up a free phone consultation.